Apply to Become a Host!
In order to guarantee a pleasant and rewarding experience for both the hosts and the residents we have outlined some requirements and expectations.
- Host must be able to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Host’s house must be near a bus stop.
- Hosts must commit to hosting for 3 months.
- Host must be able to provide a private room (for one or two people).
- Host must be able to provide some food, including one communal meal a week.
- Host must provide basic toiletries.
- Host are expected to work at building a relationship and cultural exchange with the residents.
- Host are expected to attend a monthly meeting. This will occur after Convivio- a festive community gathering.
- Host will help as little as possible to help support the development of self-sufficiency.
- Host do not have to provide transportation.
- Host do not give money to their residents.
- Hosts do not help resiedents with their legal case.
- Host do not need to know where residents are at all times.
- Host do not need to help residents find housing after the three months. (But may help if they wish)
- Residents will not consume any drugs or alcohol. Host must be sensitive to this.
Ready to Apply?
Please fill out the form below and submit for review: