Casa Marianella is an emergency homeless shelter that has served recently-arrived men and women immigrants, asylum seekers, and asylees since 1986 in East Austin. Casa Marianella’s Adult House has 35 spaces for single men and women in need. The length of stay ranges from a few days to a few months.
Casa offers a wide array of services, including:
- Emergency shelter: a bed, a hot shower, laundry, etc.
- Hot meals
- Men’s and Women’s clothing
- Access to computers
- Case Management for everyone who stays at Casa
In addition to these services, Casa Marianella is home to a Community Center, where we provide access to:
- English as a Second Language Classes: Free of charge, volunteer-run. Monday through Thursday night from 7:30-9pm.
- Casa Marianella Immigration Legal Services Center: Free legal support for Casa residents
- Oriental Medicine Clinic: low-cost or free treatments including natural supplements, massage, and acupuncture. Mondays and Fridays by appointment.
Casa shelters an average of 200 individuals annually as well as providing assistance and services to thousands of community members.
Our goal is to not only connect our residents with resources and services in the community but to help them on the path towards self-sufficiency and independence as they start their new lives in the United States.