We had a blast at our latest ESL Show and Tell night. It was a fantastic opportunity for our residents to showcase what they’ve learned in ESL and practice their public speaking skills. Before our ESL Show and Tell night, our residents worked with ESL teachers to come up with a presentation to give in front of our audience – and they can choose to present anything they like!
This term, we had a fantastic line up of stories, dancing, singing, and photo sharing! Our always wonderful ESL Coordinator brought cake and milk to share with the classes, and everyone had a great time.
Here are Some of Our Highlights:
- Michael Teweldebrhan spoke about how much he admires his grandmother who helped raise him. She who started out very poor with a shop that sold only bread which then grew over the years through her and the family’s hard work to a large supermarket for his hometown – and she still works there today!
- Duvan spoke about how thankful he is for living, breathing, dancing, talking, and embracing life, all which is a gift from God. Thank you for this amazing reminder about being grateful for life, Duvan!
- Yatcel danced with teachers Erica and Amanda to Celia Cruz’s La Vida es un Carnaval. Jose Trejo got up to dance, too!
- Francisco spoke about his music and showed parts of three music videos in which he performed, one of them with his wife Erika. He then started the mini jam session!
Member of the public:
- Younggil Lee told a funny story about his trip to Serbia during which he took a photo of a famous building, but the guy who was inadvertently standing in the foreground thought Younggil was taking a picture of him, so he angrily stole Younggil’s phone. However, 2 Serbian police officers were able to retrieve it for him, thankfully. What a story!
Thank you to all who attended. We can’t wait for the next Show and Tell night. What a wonderful way to increase our residents’ confidence and continue to provide a strong sense of community. Hats off to our teachers and ESL Coordinator!
Blog Contributor: ESL Coordinator